Logo for N.C. Cooperative Extension N.C. Cooperative Extension Homepage

Subscribe by RSS RSS Icon

Community

Mr. Elworth Cheek

Thank You Mr. Elworth Cheek

We would like to offer a special thank you to Mr. Elworth Cheek, Ramseur, for representing Randolph County Extension …

Cover photo for Not Just Rabbit Food

Not Just Rabbit Food

Finally! The days are longer and the weather is beginning to warm up! Spring is right around the corner. …

Cover photo for Composting for a Greener Tomorrow

Composting for a Greener Tomorrow

As the Earth’s population increases, there are many concerns that arise. We are constantly told about the looming dangers …

Cover photo for “H“ is for Heart

“H“ is for Heart

I pledge my head to clearer thinking, my heart to greater loyalty, my hands to larger service and my …

Learn More Using the Resources Below

4-H Youth Livestock Program

Beef Information and Links

Beef Information and Links (Management)

Beef Information and Links - Health

Beef Information Links - Manure Management

Featured Links

Fresh & Local Recipes

Information Portals

More Extension Programs at NC State University

National eXtension Resources

Partnerships and Organizations

Publications, Information, and News

Sheep

Volunteers in Extension

Recent Publications related to Community

Building Local Food Economies: A Guide for Governments

This publication serves as a guide on building local food economies for planners, economic developers, …

5 days ago

Coastal Hazards and Tourism: Exploring Outer Banks Visitors’ Responses to Storm-Related Impacts

This publication discusses the impacts of coastal hazards on the tourism industry of North Carolina's …

5/3/18

IV. NC State Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Program Policies

This chapter of the North Carolina Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Program Guidelines covers policies of …

5/2/18

Direct to Food Bank and Food Pantry Donations

This publication, part of the Farm to Food Bank Resource Guide, discusses food donations given …

5/2/18Local Foods

21. Youth, Community, and Therapeutic Gardening

This Youth, Community, and Therapeutic Gardening Chapter from the Extension Gardener Handbook helps volunteers understand …

5/2/18

Community Supported Agriculture In North Carolina

Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a form of direct marketing in which a community of …

Butterflies in Your Backyard

You can attract the many butterflies found throughout North Carolina to your backyard by following …

5/2/18Urban Wildlife

Growing Food

This publication, chapter 9 of Collard Greens and Common Ground: A North Carolina Community Food …

4/24/18