Logo for N.C. Cooperative Extension N.C. Cooperative Extension Homepage

Cover photo for Volunteers Say Yes!

Volunteers Say Yes!

One of the best things about our work here at the Extension Office is the great people we work …

striped mowed lawn

Tricks for a Beautiful Lawn

Summer time is here and some of you are still wondering how to make your yards as beautiful as …

Mr. Elworth Cheek

Thank You Mr. Elworth Cheek

We would like to offer a special thank you to Mr. Elworth Cheek, Ramseur, for representing Randolph County Extension …

Cover photo for Not Just Rabbit Food

Not Just Rabbit Food

Finally! The days are longer and the weather is beginning to warm up! Spring is right around the corner. …

Cover photo for Composting for a Greener Tomorrow

Composting for a Greener Tomorrow

As the Earth’s population increases, there are many concerns that arise. We are constantly told about the looming dangers …

Cover photo for “H“ is for Heart

“H“ is for Heart

I pledge my head to clearer thinking, my heart to greater loyalty, my hands to larger service and my …

Cover photo for Sprouting Seeds for Spring

Sprouting Seeds for Spring

As the days are getting longer and the nights are getting warmer, I know all of you are getting …

cows eating grass

February Beef Cattle Management Calendar

February Beef Cattle Management Calendar Seeding: Legumes can drastically improve quality and quantity of forage. An electric seeder on a four …

Learn More Using the Resources Below

4-H Youth Livestock Program

Beef Information and Links

Beef Information and Links (Management)

Beef Information and Links - Health

Featured Links

Fresh & Local Recipes

Information Portals

More Extension Programs at NC State University

National eXtension Resources

Partnerships and Organizations

Sheep

Volunteers in Extension

Recent Publications related to Community

produce at farmers market

Local Food Systems: Clarifying Current Research

This publication discusses the environmental, economic, health, and community benefits that local food systems provide …

6 days agoLocal Foods
Figure 1. Great Spangled Fritillary

Butterflies in Your Backyard

You can attract the many butterflies found throughout North Carolina to your backyard by following …

1 week agoUrban Wildlife

Choosing a Pump for Rainwater Harvesting

A pump for the cistern or tank of a water-harvesting system can increase the system's …

2 weeks agoUrban Waterways

Protecting Water Supply Springs

This factsheet provides information on spring development, protection and disinfection, and water testing.

Bioretention Performance, Design, Construction, and Maintenance

This guide provides a review of recent bioretention research and its impact on design, construction, …

2 weeks agoUrban Waterways
drawing of the tick life stages

Ticks and Tick-Borne Diseases

This publication will help you identify the several species of ticks found in North Carolina …

When the Power Is Out - When to Save Refrigerated Food and When to Throw It Out

This factsheet offers information on which refrigerated foods to discard when the power is out …

10/10/18Disaster Recovery

Water Quality for Golf Course Superintendents and Professional Turf Managers

Follow the suggestions and BMPs described in this publication to reduce sediment and keep nutrients …