The North Carolina Official Variety Testing Program (NC OVT) has developed a powerful tool that allows us to get …
There are many factors to gauging hay quality. Two of the biggest factors include knowing different forages have different …
Many livestock and equine owners rely on local farmers when purchasing quality forage and hay crops. To simplify and …
The soil is arguably the most valuable and misunderstood resource on our farms and property. Give back to the …
Did you know that Agriculture is Randolph County’s number one industry? Learn more about valuable Agriculture statistics specific to …
Learn More Using the Resources Below
County Extension Programs
Custom Tools for Growers
- Extension Entomology - Insect Biology and Management
- Extension Plant Pathology
- Industrial Hemp
- NC Integrated Pest Management (IPM)
- Official Variety Testing
- Organic Commodities
- Tobacco Growers Information
More Extension Programs at NC State University
- Agriculture and Resource Economics Extension
- Crop and Soil Sciences
- NC State Plant Disease and Insect Clinic
- NC Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program
- Peanut Growers Information
Partnerships and Organizations
- Center for Environmental Farming Systems (CEFS)
- NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
- NCSU/USDA Forage Program
Publications, Information, and News
Recent Publications related to Field Crops
This manual, updated every year, covers pesticide use and safety information, chemical application equipment, fertilizer …
This publication covers disease control in a variety of crops.
This publication explains plant growth regulators for a variety of crops.
This publication covers chemical weed control and weed response to a variety of crops.
This publication covers insect control in a variety of crops, as well as household pests.
This publication offers fertilizer suggestions for a variety of crops, including field, pasture and hay …
This factsheet discusses glufosinate injury on soybean.
This factsheet discusses glyphosate injury on soybean.